OPEN OFFICE HOURS with me, Vidar Andersen
“[…] one of the most important persons in the German startup scene.” - Wirtschafts Woche
I am Vidar Andersen, and I don’t speak about myself in the third person. I exist in a real-life Venn diagram of Tech Startups, Entrepreneurship Education, and Corporate Innovation. For more information about me, see my blog, LinkedIn, or just google me.
Here’s the easiest way to have a talk with me, if you have questions, or looking for feedback and advice. Just find a time and day that fits your schedule in the calendar at the bottom of this page and book it - no strings attached.
What started in 2007 as private conversations over coffee referred to me by friends and friends of friends is now available to anyone, anywhere and I’ve been providing free feedback and advice for (literally) thousands of founders and students to date.
- The Open Office Hours are for Startup Entrepreneurs, Corporate Intrapreneurs, and Students, currently held online via Zoom.
- A link and calendar item for your Zoom call will be provided by email. You can’t miss it.
- Save the the appointment to your calendar.
- YOU call in at the time of your slot - Just click the Zoom link provided when it’s your time. If you don’t, your time goes to the next in line. Think about all the other people like you waiting for an Office Hour. #sadface
- If you came to this page via STARTPLATZ, I do not work for nor represent them. We do however have a mutual interest in supporting the local startup scene and work together on different things since day one, e.g. via the Rheinland Pitch, NRW Gründerstipendium, Gründernetzwerk, etc.
- Wondering if you’re doing things right, read this first.
- Whatever you do, take this course first. (It’s free. It’s from Stanford. It’s all about the modern methodologies collectively known as the Lean Startup and how you can avoid building crap that nobody wants and go further faster. Seriously, you need to know this).
- So you think talking to customers is hard, read this list of resources to help you first.
- So you and your co-founders have no vesting arranged - and right now you’re asking yourself “what the hell is vesting and why should I care?”, read this first.
- Want to know what investors are looking for, see this first.
- Want to how to pitch your startup to investors, watch this first.
- Wondering why the hell I’m doing this for free for you when international corporations pay me good money for just minutes of my time? The short answer; It’s the right thing to do, it’s Karma. The longer answer you can read in an old interview here.
- If you are doing a social/local/mobile/discovery kind of app, read this first.
- Available anywhere in the world that has access to the The Internet.
- Yes, you can book as many slots you want or need - you do not have to ask; Entrepreneurs ask for forgiveness, not permission. So don’t ask - just book whenever you want.