OPEN OFFICE HOURS
Here is how to have a talk with me, Vidar Andersen, if you have questions, or looking for feedback and advice. Find a free slot that fits your schedule in the calendar at the bottom of this page and book it - no strings attached.
“[…] one of the most important persons in the German startup scene.” - Wirtschafts Woche
I’ve been providing free feedback and advice for (literally) thousands of founders and students since 2007.
What started in 2007 as private conversations over coffee referred to me by friends and friends of friends is now available to anyone, anywhere. For more information about me, see my blog or just google me.
READ THIS FIRST:
- NOTE: Due to circumstances, ONLY AVAILABLE ONLINE.
- The Open Office Hours are for Startup Entrepreneurs, Corporate Intrapreneurs & Students and currently held remotely via Zoom.
- Available anywhere in the world that has The Internet.
- A link to your Zoom call will be provided. You can’t miss it.
- YOU call in at the time of your slot - Just click the link provided when it’s your time. If you don’t, your time goes to the next in line. Think about all the other people like you waiting for an Office Hour. #sadface
- SAVE THE DATE TO YOUR CALENDAR. Be lazy - this booking system provides you with a digital calendar item for a reason; use it! It takes a special kind of person to mess up an appointment that you could have easily saved to your calendar, giving you automatic reminders - with time zone adjustment included. You don’t want to be that kind of person.
- If you cannot make it, please let me know in advance. Think about all the other people in the waiting line that you would steal time from if you don’t. Don’t be that kind of person. I may keep a list.
- READ THE FAQ BELOW before booking to save time & use your Office Hours more efficiently.
- Wondering if you’re doing things right, read this first.
- Whatever you do, take this course first. (It’s free. It’s from Stanford. It’s all about the modern methodologies collectively known as the Lean Startup and how you can avoid building crap that nobody wants and go further faster. Seriously, you need to know this )
- So you think talking to customers is hard, read this list of resources to help you first.
- So you and your co-founders have no vesting arranged - and right now you’re asking yourself “what the hell is vesting and why should I care?”, read this first.
- Want to know what investors are looking for, see this first.
- Want to how to pitch your startup to investors, watch this first.
- Wondering why the hell I’m doing this for free for you when international corporations pay me good money for just minutes of my time? The short answer; It’s the right thing to do, it’s Karma. The longer answer you can read in an old interview here.
- If you are doing a social/local/mobile/discovery kind of app, read this first.
- You can book as many slots you want or need - you do not have to ask; Entrepreneurs ask for forgiveness, not permission.