Open Office Hours
With Vidar Andersen. For free. Every Wednesday. Book here.
Here is how to reach me, Vidar Andersen, for questions, feedback and advice. Find a free slot that fits your schedule in the calendar below and book it.
“[…] one of the most important persons in the German startup scene.” - Wirtschafts Woche
IMPORTANT - READ THIS FIRST:
- NOTE: Currently my Open Office Hours are ONLY AVAILABLE REMOTELY BY SKYPE.
- HEADS-UP: New day of the week; Mondays (previously Wednesdays).
- The Open Office Hours are for Startup Entrepreneurs, Corporate Intrapreneurs & Students and held remotely by Skype, FaceTime or Zoom.
- Available anywhere in the world that has The Internet.
- My Skype is “blacktar” - Just add me, no need to ask first.
- YOU call at the time of your slot - If you don’t call, your time goes to the next in line. Think about all the other people like you waiting for an Office Hour.
- SAVE THE DATE TO YOUR CALENDAR. Be lazy - this booking system provides you with a digital calendar item for a reason; use it! It takes a special kind of person to mess up an appointment that you could have easily saved to your calendar, giving you automatic reminders - with time zone adjustment included. Don’t be that person.
- If you cannot make it, please let me know in advance. Think about all the other people in the waiting line that you would steal time from if you don’t. Don’t be that kind of person. I keep a list of repeat offenders.
- READ THE FAQ BELOW before booking to save time & use your Office Hours more efficiently.
- You can book as many slots you want or need - you do not have to ask; Entrepreneurs ask for forgiveness, not permission.
I’ve been providing free feedback, advice, (and generally raining on parades) for over 1.000 - a thousand and still counting - founders since 2007.
What started as private conversations over coffee referred to me by friends and friends of friends is now available to anyone, anywhere. For more information about me, see vidarandersen.com or just Google me.
- Wondering if you’re doing things right, read this first.
- Whatever you do, take this course first. (It’s free. It’s from Stanford. It’s all about the modern methodologies collectively known as the Lean Startup and how you can avoid building crap that nobody wants and go further faster. Seriously, you need to know this )
- So you think talking to customers is hard, read this list of resources to help you first.
- So you and your co-founders have no vesting arranged - and right now you’re asking yourself “what the hell is vesting and why should I care?”, read this first.
- Want to know what investors are looking for, see this first.
- Want to how to pitch your startup to investors, watch this first.
- Wondering why the hell I’m doing this for free for you when international corporations pay me good money for just minutes of my time? The short answer; It’s the right thing to do, it’s Karma. The longer answer you can read in an interview here.
- If you are doing a social/local/mobile/discovery kind of app, read this first.